Hear how you, yes you, can have a successful company
Throughout Women's History Month I'm re-publishing podcasts which highlight exceptional women I've interviewed who have boldly smashed myths and hurdled over barriers meant to hold them back. Stephanie Breedlove is one of those women. For over 20 years, she has been a powerful voice for women entrepreneurs, co-founding Breedlove & Associates which she sold for $55 million. Her family told her, "Women don't start companies." Aren't we glad she didn't listen. Redefining what women can and can't do in business and everywhere else is why Stephanie is in my new book, "Rethink: Smashing the Myths of Women in Business," which you can buy here.
Stephanie and her husband founded and self-funded their entrepreneurial endeavor with no prior experience running a business. While she was building a company, she also built a life that integrated family and business as complements to one another, not competitors. To create the life she desired, she often found herself at major crossroads—the kind that alter your direction and require you to go "all in" to get where you want to go. In her new book, "All In: How Women Entrepreneurs Can Think Bigger, Build Sustainable Businesses, and Change the World,” she outlines the hows and whys behind the decisions that led her towards success.
Anyone starting a new business, trying to grow the one they've got or seeking work that's fulfilling will find her podcast full of purpose and meaning. Enjoy.
Stephanie and I discuss:
- Running a home-based business
- Facing challenges & hardships
- Why sometimes you just have to take the leap
- Most important business strategies you can learn about
- Business culture and why it matters
- Investing in your customers
- Understanding the mission of your company
- Meeting the expectations of your clients
- Selling the company
- Biggest lessons & takeaways
Additional resources for you
- My best selling new book: "Rethink: Smashing The Myths of Women in Business"
- My award-winning first book: "On the Brink: A Fresh Lens to Take Your Business to New Heights"
- Simon Associates Management Consultants website