Hear how nonusers are waiting for you to fulfill their unmet needs!
I had such an amazing conversation with Dr. Rita Gunther McGrath. I have been a fan of her thinking over the past twenty years, and have read and used each of her books, The Entrepreneurial Mindset, Market Busters, Discovery Driven Growth and The End of Competitive Advantage. Her new book, Seeing Around Corners: How to Spot Inflection Points in Business Before They Happen, is coming out today, September 3, 2019, and is the topic of our interview.
Today, you're either a disrupter, adapting to disruptions, or being disrupted
You will enjoy listening to Dr. McGrath reflect on what we are both seeing: a great deal of change opening up opportunities for new businesses to emerge, for others to surge, and for some to purge. The "resisters" are gone—those businesses that refuse to adapt to changing times, that “don’t do it that way,” that cannot seem to open their minds to the massive changes coming all around them.
Listen carefully to our conversation because you don’t have to fight the changes—the unmet needs and nonusers that we as culture change experts speak about so often. Your potential customers are waiting for you to help them. You just have to start seeing things through a fresh lens. Our job (Rita's and SAMC's) is to help you do that. Rita will tell you why and how to start to spot those inflection points before they gobble you up!
About Dr. Rita Gunther McGrath
Rita Gunther McGrath Ph.D. is a best-selling author, a sought-after speaker and a longtime professor at Columbia Business School. She is one of the world’s top experts on innovation and growth, and is one of the most regularly published authors in the Harvard Business Review. She is consistently ranked among the top 10 management thinkers in the world and was ranked #1 for strategy by Thinkers50. In 2009, she was elected as a Fellow of the Strategic Management Society in recognition of her impact on the field. She has also been elected as a Fellow of the International Academy of Management and has received the “Theory to Practice” award at the Vienna Strategy Forum.
Learn more about Rita on her website.
For more on adapting to change, check out these blogs and podcasts:
- Blog: Are You At Risk Of Being Slammed By Disruptions?
- Blog: Change Might Be Exactly What Your Organization Needs To Be Successful
- Blog: Need To Change Your Organization's Culture? 6 Best Ways To Do It.
- Podcast: Ask Andi—How To Successfully Achieve Change Management Step 1
- Podcast: Ask Andi—How To Successfully Achieve Change Management Step 2
- Podcast: Ask Andi—How To Successfully Achieve Change Management Step 3
- Podcast: Warren Whitlock—How to Overcome the Pain of Change
- Podcast: Ask Andi—Why Companies Have Got To Change Or They Will Not Thrive
- Rita's website: ritamcgrath.com
- Rita's books:
- My book: On the Brink: A Fresh Lens to Take Your Business to New Heights
- Our website: Simon Associates Management Consultants