Listen now to Maura Thomas's great podcast
Maura Thomas is an award-winning productivity and time management speaker, author, founder of Regain Your Time, and nationally recognized expert delivering the unique message that the key to productivity and effectiveness is attention management. She is a TEDx Speaker, a regular contributor to the Harvard Business Review, and was invited by one of the world's largest publishers to literally “write the book” on productivity (Personal Productivity Secrets). Maura's work has appeared in hundreds of national media outlets including The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, Entrepreneur, Inc. and Huffington Post, among others. She developed the acclaimed Empowered Productivity™ System, a process for successfully managing the details of life and work with less stress, and regularly delivers inspiring and motivational speeches and training to nationally and international audiences for clients such as the American Heart Association, Dell, Honeywell and Old Navy.
Maura's newest book is called, "Work Without Walls: An Executive’s Guide to Attention Management in the Age of Distraction." Pick it up, it's a great read.
In this episode, Maura Thomas and I discuss:
- Why you need to learn to quiet your mind
- Putting people into a playful mode makes them more creative and productive
- How company culture creates problems and what to do about it
- Work/Life management process that gives individuals the skills to deal with communication, commitment and information
- Where does the system take us?
- Attention Management
- Action Management
- Communication Management
- Meeting Management
- Culture of organization versus getting work done
- Leaders need to create a space where the work can be done
- Successful Training
- Attitudes of leadership
- Attitudes of the participants
- Content of training
- Delivery of training
- Follow-up support inside the organization
- Making busy lives easier and less stressful