With numerous years of leadership experience in higher education, Richard Ludwick most recently served as president of the Independent Colleges of Indiana, the nation’s oldest state association of private colleges, serving 31 institutions and 100,000 students. In that role since 2010, Richard has helped dramatically increase student funding and grow revenue, including philanthropic gifts.
In addition, Richard has served as the commissioner for the Midwest Higher Education Compact (an interstate collegiate commission) and the Coalition for College Cost Savings, a national organization with nearly 1,000 college and university members. Richard becomes president of the University of St. Thomas in July, 2017.
In this episode, Richard Ludwick and I discuss:
- His background and filling in the gaps
- His current challenges and hardships
- How to make college more affordable for students
- The value of Liberal Arts
- Tactics and strategies you need to know
- The self-paced learning systems
- On becoming the president of a college
- How to take an idea and actually execute it
- Important lessons and takeaways