A few days ago I had the pleasure of being interviewed by Eric Dye, professional blogger and founder of EPN (Entrepreneur Podcast Network). He wanted my perspective on a wide range of topics, from corporate anthropology to Blue Ocean Strategy® to culture change to the rise of women CEOs. He was also very interested in my book, "On the Brink: A Fresh Lens to Take Your Business to New Heights" and its stories of companies that have achieved meaningful breakthroughs and growth by applying corporate anthropology to their businesses.
What exactly is corporate anthropology?
During the course of our conversation, Eric asked me the following very interesting questions about how anthropoloy applies to the business world:
- Influential companies like Microsoft and Intel are hiring corporate anthropologists, believing that understanding and molding corporate culture is a worthwhile investment. Your research and career is dedicated to this field. Why do you think anthropology is important to a company?
- How can smaller companies put these concepts to use?
- What is one of the guiding principles of your work?
- What are you working on now?
- If you were to give a business owner only one piece of advice, what would it be?
To listen to the podcast, click here:
How can corporate anthropology help your company? Download our white paper.
From Observation to Innovation,