Is this how you feel, pushing your business forward? For far too many of our clients, growth has slowed. Maybe even stalled! Gone in the wrong direction? Let me share some of the illustrations and see if they fit your company?
- One case was a fast growing entrepreneur who found his network shifting to other solutions.
- A client in the B2B world was watching his competitors get acquired and the roll-ups were better able to buy and supply his clients. Growth was a challenge.
- After a talk I gave to real estate brokers we heard the endless lament that they weren't growing because of how younger people bought homes.
- In another case a real estate broker couldn't seem to find new agents.
- Another was an insurance company that was frustrated that young people weren't getting married in their twenties any longer. So they weren't buying houses and needing insurance. In fact, those Millenials were renting apartments and not even buying cars.
When we looked at the business environments from the outside in, the problem seemed to be with those Millenials or the other solutions or the roll-up consolidations. "Not my problem" was the common retort.
The solution was going to be hard if we had to change our societal trends. Instead, as corporate anthropologists we suggested that they look at their strategy and business to see if it was time to change their business model, their culture and their strategies.